--- Horace Heffner  wrote:

> > KM: What if one of Bill Beaty's energy sucking
resonant antennas was placed inside this thing, and
made to sing at some frequency contained therein by
the cube --Kyle

> HH: My ... understanding of the zero point field is
that it is a flux of virtual photons, not real photons
like those that carry radio waves. Virtual photons
carry near field forces....

...Nicely stated. But it should be added that Bill
Beaty's energy sucking resonant antenna concept is a
near-field device, but the major problem with Kyle's
implementation of that for ZPE seems to be: not the
'virtual' part, but the likelihood that the ZPF
operates most energetically at picometer geometries-
which is smaller than the normal radius of an atom of
a conductor, such as a copper atom.

> The effect of a flux of uniformly randomly directed
virtual photons with cubic distribution of wavelengths
is essentially to make things jiggle.

...Yes - this is the Puthoff argument that replaces GR
with a causal theory in which the presence of
mass-energy changes the permittivity of space via the
"jittering" of charged particles and subsequent
interactions between them. The "Polarizable Vacuum" of
Wilson was enhanced by Dicke and Puthoff to envision
atomic dimensions, including the radius of the
electron, as being altered by adjoining matter via the
ZPF.

Curiously, Randell Mills took this to the next step -
the hypothesis that the alteration of the Bohr radius
can cohere energy. Horace Heffner's AEH is perhaps a
better implementation of that general idea, since
ironically, Mills totally and completely missed the
possibility that the ZPF is the ultimate source of
that excess energy - i.e. the operative modality of
excess energy in proton reactions. This goes all the
way back to Langmuir's torch.

Personally, I think that Langmuir's torch was a
modestly OU device (he said as much in private to
Bohr) and that it was able to cohere some ZPE energy
via the energy-sucking antenna modality mentioned
above... i.e. the bare protons using the ZPF to
occasionally capture electrons at a lower redundant
ground state- which then would release UV on
re-expansion. This can be seen as Mills-in-reverse, so
to speak, which is also my re-verbalization of
interpretation of the AEH (though Horace may disagree
with that as being accurate!).

> HH: AFAIK the force from the momenta of the ZPF
photon  flux only manifests as a uniformly randomly
directed force at nano levels, and that as the Casimir
force.

OK- but the Casimir force itself (as a subset of the
ZPF) is relatively weak at nano dimensions, but
becomes progressively stronger at lesser geometries,
no? Once the wavelength gets short enough, then
perhaps even 'virtual' photons have an energy bump up
to Planck's fifth power relationship (even if it is
'virtual').

> HH: I don't know what might be used as an antenna to
couple to it.

Well - why not any 'bare' nucleus?

As for practicality: It just so happens that the
proton is almost a singularity for earthly engineering
purposes - in being the only bare nucleus which can be
manipulated at relatively low energy.

Jones