leaking pen wrote:
> why would god create a tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the
> ability to tell the difference between, if evil did not yet exist?

Hmmm, interesting question!  I'm glad you asked me that, young man!

Next question, please!

(Errr... Perhaps God's ability to foretell the future had already tipped
him/her/it/them off that there was going to be trouble with Satan, who
had already been created at that point...)

> Also, theres no good quote showing that satans fall DEFINATELY
> happened after man was created, no?

Assuming that's a serious question, here's a serious answer...

In the Bible there's essentially nothing on Satan's fall.  So, within
the bible, the answer is a clear "no".

However, the Bible comes from a tradition which included additional
material, both oral and written.  The extrabiblical tradition regarding
Satan's fall is, IIRC, written down in the Testament of Moses and the
Story of Adam and Eve.  It's in those (pseudepigraphic and/or
apocryphal) books that the tradition of Satan's fall due to envy of Adam
is documented.  And I think it's pretty clear, in those books, that
Satan's fall happened after the creation of Adam.

The Nephilim are also a largely extra-biblical tradition.  IIRC, within
the Bible, there's a vague reference to them in Genesis, and there's a
hint that Goliath was sort of a "left over" Nephilim, but that's about
it.  As I said, however, there's a lot more said about them in Enoch,
which was once widely accepted as a holy book, before it was lost to
Europe for several centuries.  Interestingly, Enoch survived as a
well-known and almost-canonical book in Ethiopia.  All currently extant
manuscripts of Enoch are in fact in Ethiopic, though the original book
was written in Hebrew.

And I have no idea where to find much of anything about Lilith.  She's
far, far extra-biblical -- she's not mentioned in any of the
pseudepigrapha which I've read.  (She makes an appearance in Valis, but
I don't know anyone who considers that book "sacred".)