Hi Kyle,
[snip]
>Alright, if Morton's experiment (which I seem to have
>shot down in my own research, will post more if any
>interest) is not worth discussing, let's talk cold
>fusion. What can I do? I'm giving no one any money.
>The opportunities have been essentially wasted for two
>decades. Positive here, negatives here, uh, need
>better calorimeter here, let's look for ash here, to
>burn/recombine or not burn/recombine, x-rays here?
>Neutrons? Er, what's the theory behind it?
>
>/Can we build a damn thing that will make a cup of
>warm coffee or tea?/ If not, why not???

I suspect not. CF (or LENR) is finicky, and no one is yet certain of the precise
requirements (though there are now a few claims of complete replicability).
Those who can achieve it have been trying for quite a while to get it right.
Even then, I think a reasonably well equipped lab is a prerequisite. It's not
something you can do in your garage, and expect to work.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html