-------------
MC: see comments thus set apart. Mike Carrell
------------

----- Original Message ----- From: <mix...@bigpond.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Wind energy breakthrough

Hi Mike,
[snip]

Reading between the lines, I would say that you don't like what I read between
the lines. ;)

My comment was in part to remind everyone of BLP technology. The 100 x gain
in energy yield from H is real and demonstrated years ago.

That's fine, but it is on an "atom for atom" basis, not on the basis of a whole system. IOW, in practice this large gain is mostly offset by other losses, e.g.
unnecessarily ionizing catalyst atoms which then *do not* go on to create
Hydrinos before they reform the original atom.
I think the fact that the excess is in the same ballpark as the input means that only about 1% actually create Hydrinos (but take into account that this is the
time of day when my brain takes a holiday ;).
----------------------
MC:You have a closer understanding of the experiment that most on this list. The quantity of H2 flowing thorugh the cell is accurately metered as is the 'excess heat' generated in the cell for equal power inpuit, with a non-catalytic gas as a control. These are accurate macroscopic measuremennts, not on an atom by atom basis. That comparison clearly showsl that the the reaction yield is much greated than that necessary to extract an atom of H from H2O. Yes there is wasted energy ionizing catalyst gas atoms that do not react, etc. No useful method of extracting elelctrical energyh from the plasm has been found; the only method is to let the reactor get hot and than use a thermal cycle to generate eletricity. The microwave-driven plasma is a valuable research tool, but does not seem promising for power systems. The solid fuel cycle generates much more intense, powerful reactions.
--------------------

The potential COP
boost is more than two.

Potential - maybe, but I think it will get much more difficult to increase as
the COP gets higher. (It's taken him until now just to get that far).

The benchtop appartus which demonstrated this was
far from closed loop.

...that's because he can't close the loop. You need a COP of about 3 or better
to close the loop (inefficient conversion of heat to electric power).
----------------
MC: Mills knows this, which is why he is developing other strategies. The published, confirmed, 50 kW power and 1 megajoule yield from a few grams of reactant is a step in the right direction.
-----------------
BLP has achieved higher yields with its 'solid fuel'
but a water-fueld system has not been announced. BLP reactors can use H or D from any source, and do so far better than combustion. Ideally a 'BLP' world
would not rely on wind or solar to power the electrolysis, but reactors
would yield so much energy that each could run its own electrolysis unit and
use any convenient water for fuel.

..."ideally", yes.

MC: Stay tuned.

Regards,
Mike Carrell

snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by Medford Leas I.T. Department.