As the smoke cleared, Mike Carrell <mi...@medleas.com>
mounted the barricade and roared out:

>> Isn't there research on (tough!) materials which absorb hi-energy/
>> hi-intensity photons from across the relevant spektrum, directly into
>> their electron structures..?

> ------------------------------Mike Carrell:
> Mills has explored many schemes for extracting energy from the plasma,
> and has a patent for one which I consider unfeasible. In one
> experiment, two probes are inserted into the plasma. If one proble is
> suurouned by an axial magnetic field, a voltage drop between tbhe
> probes develops and current can flow. If you consider only the energy
> in the plasma surrounding the probe with the magnet, that energy is
> extracted with good efficiency -- but energy in the plasma elsewhere is
> not extracted. If one considers a forest of probes, the effect is not
> simply multiplied.

Surely there has to be a method to sweep the plasma around and drink all
that energy up -- good, down to the last drop. Why not place rotating
magnetic fields on top of these fixed ones, eh..? I doubt they'd have to
be -- or should be -- as strong as the ones in the electrodes.

But what do I know.
;P

Besides -- this configuration sounds sub-optimal to me, really. Does this
process actually require an unstructured plasma?

> The reason the company is called BlackLight Power is that the energy
> yield is primarily extreme UV light. At the emitted wavelengths, most
> matrials are opaque and 'solar' cells don't operate. Indeed, there may
> be a way to extract the energy yet to be invented, 'an exercise to be
> left for the student'. Mills has enough problems getting enough energy
> yield to incorprate a lossy thermal generating system in his plans.
>
> Mike Carrell

First things first. But state funding support is what is supposed to get
us beyond these phony hobson's choices eternally plaguing 'fringe'
science researchers.

- -- grok.

- --
Build the North America-wide General Strike.

TODO el poder a los consejos y las comunas.
TOUT le pouvoir aux conseils et communes.
ALL power to the councils and communes.