In reply to  grok's message of Tue, 5 May 2009 00:58:45 -0700:
Hi,
[snip]
>> I'm no rocket scientist either. My reactor would either use deuterium or
>> hydrogen, according to the reactions previously described here:-
>> 
>> D + D -> He4 (with luck), otherwise D + D -> T + P 
>>                                  & D + D -> He3 + n
>> 
>> or 
>> 
>> 
>> H + Al27 -> Si28 (with luck), otherwise H + Al ->Mg24 + He4. I would prefer 
>> the
>> reactions with Al because it is more readily available than D, but I'll take
>> what I can get. ;)
>
>I see nuclear equations -- but I don't see any reactor.
>;>
[snip]
...are you prepared to enter a business partnership with me, and put up the
capital? If not, then you will have to wait until I have exhausted all
possibilities before I make it freely available.

IOW if I can't find anyone with the courage to get in on the ground floor of
what could be the most important invention in the history of the human race,
then I will give it away. However even giving it away has it's problems. There
are lots of people giving away "free-energy" devices, none of which has much
credence, so if I do the same, I will be placed in the same category, and my
design may languish, and not be picked up for a 100 years.

BTW I asked Dr. Michael Schaffer to look over the theory. He said that the
algebra was ok, but didn't agree with my starting point, which is based upon the
old Bohr atom theory and was soon replaced by Schrodinger's QM.

I did however point out that it's possible that QM only describes a subset of
allowed orbitals, since the only real world constraint on the motion of the
electron is the conservation laws, and my theory doesn't violate them.

In short, what I have is a theory that needs to be tested experimentally, and
just as Enrico Fermi had to build the first fission reactor to test the notion
that fission could be used in a reactor, so I too must build a small fusion
reactor to test my concept.  The differences are that his reactor weighed tons,
and had a power output of about 1 Watt, where mine would be less than 50 cm
long, weigh a few kg, and should have a power output somewhere between a few kW
and a few tens of kWs.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html

Reply via email to