Hello vortexians,

Before I begin, I want to thank all of you. I have been lurking here for years.
I have seen the trolls come and go. They amuse for a while, then they get old.
But those of you who are of a true vortexian spirit always find new and
exciting food for the mind to try out. I don't have the math or science
background that you have, and yes, I am jealous. But obviously I do have the
interest or I would have gone away a long time ago. I don't post much, guess
I'm afraid I'll get shot down - and I know I wouldn't have had the time to
follow and respond to my own threads - and that would suck for all of us. But
circumstances change and I suddenly find I have much more time than I would
like. I've grown a little older and am not so scared to raise my hand in class.
So agian, thank you for sharing and thank you for putting up with my incessant
lurking :)

And if I go astray, please let me know, I have gained a deep respect for all of
you. I will not be offended.

I have a simple thought experiment I would like your comments on.

We create a torroidal magnetic field and rotate it at relativistic velosities,
such that the inside of the torroid would be rotating at near the speed of
light. The outside of the field would extand outwards and would have an agular
velocity that would be greater, proportional to the increase in circumference.
First, is that correct? Clearly nothing can go faster than the speed of light,
but as we increase the speed of the rotation, the energy must go somewhere,
yes? Would this cause the mass of the field to change? In other words, would it
bend space-time inside the field? And could the curvature be negative or
positive depending on the direction of rotation relative to the N/S pole? Would
time run at a different rate inside the field versus outside the field? If we
were to place a radioactive isotope inside the field, could we cause it to
decay faster or slower?

I'll be anxiously awaiting your insights,

C. Michael Crosiar