From: mix...@bigpond.com [mailto:mix...@bigpond.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:03 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:When two wrongs make a right -- oil and nuclear

-0400:
Hi,
[snip]
>Someday, I imagine, humankind will rue having burned oil for fuel,
realizing
>that it was far more valuable as material feedstock for plastics than it is
>as fuel. It may be our children who come to realize this, and they may
>wonder why their parents and grandparents didn't realize it and why they
>didn't insist that oil be used only as a feedstock.
[snip]
I doubt it. A good organic chemist can make just about any carbon compound
from
just about any other carbon compound, given enough energy.
Even CO2 can serve as the source if really necessary.
So the only real limitation is adequate cheap clean energy.
Fusion in one form or another would provide this.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html