I wrote: "It is notable that we *can* make feed stocks from CO2 using algae and sunlight:

http://www.oilgae.com/

Unfortunately, most of the CO2 producing plants are in the north. One solution might be to pipeline CO2 south. Probably more sensible to build new hybrid plants in the south and ship power to the north using HVDC transmission and and bio-oil products using pipelines."

It just occurred to me this is confusing wording. It should say: "It is notable that we *can* make feed stocks from CO2 using algae and sunlight:

http://www.oilgae.com/

Unfortunately, most of the CO2 producing power plants are in the north. One solution might be to pipeline CO2 south. Probably more sensible to build new hybrid solar-algoil power plants in the south and ship power to the north using HVDC transmission and and bio-oil products using pipelines."

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/