Terry Blanton wrote:

We built and tested the bicycle wheel pulsed motor using four NdFeBo
magnets on the wheel and a single stationary coil.  I wanted to do
this since I had never seen anyone actually measure the torque of a
Bedini motor.  . . .  The best COP we were able to obtain was about 0.24.

How did you measure torque -- or mechanical energy I assume. The only way to measure torque I know is to stop the machine, which would affect its performance obviously.

I assume this means for 1 W of input it produced 0.24 W of mechanical energy, ignoring losses to friction, resistance electrical heating and so on. If it was an extraordinarily inefficient motor it might conceivably be over-unity anyway, with the rest coming out as waste heat. You could only tell by stuffing it into a calorimeter.

That situation would be somewhat similar to the older models of Roger Stringham's ultrasound gadgets. They had a large, complex power supply outside the calorimeter, which supposedly delivered a certain amount of power to the device inside the calorimeter. It would be over unity if actual delivered power is estimated correctly, or not if it isn't. The later models had miniature power supplies that fit into the calorimeter. I do not know if they ever produced convincing excess heat. Back when Gene Mallove was trying to replicate this device I was unimpressed with Stringham's calorimetry. I have not looked closely at it since then.