I wrote:

> However, as you see in the text you quoted, I said that in my opinion CR-39
> is not "more sensitive" or "less disputable." That is not quite the same as
> "less convincing."

The key point is that heat detection is more reliable. More likely to
happen. For experiments that attempt to measure both heat and neutrons,
there are hundreds of examples in which heat was detected but neutrons were
not. I know of only a few examples when neutrons were detected but heat was
not. In most cases when neutrons alone were detected, such as Takahashi,
heat was also detected in the same run, only at different times. Both were
intermittent.

This could be caused by the relative insensitivity of the neutron detection
techniques, or perhaps calorimetry interferes in neutron detection more than
the other way around.