Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

I think I read that a single cell could produce a significant fraction of the world supply of meat, although it runs out eventually. (Stops dividing.)

It shouldn't,  not if it's a stem cell.  Stem cells express telomerase.

Yes. I do not know why there is a limit, but that's what I read. I think it was in one of the documents here:

<http://www.new-harvest.org/default.php>http://www.new-harvest.org

This organization has a lot of info on cultured meat.

(For one thing, I'm afraid there might be a marketing issue with meat derived entirely from tumors.)

That is a definite non-starter.

Hunters are cautioned never to eat animals with tumors, and butchers are not allowed to sell them. I do not know if anyone proved you can get cancer from this, but it has been law and custom since time immemorial.