On Feb 23, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

On 02/23/2010 03:32 PM, Horace Heffner wrote:

It is notable that even if ion redistribution fully negates a field
within the electrolyte, that negation occurs via an ion redistribution, and thus an artificial concentration gradient is obtained. A change in
surface electron density and distribution in the electrode is thereby
obtained as well, and that is significant to cold fusion.

Thanks, Horace!  I didn't recall the earlier discussion and I totally
missed that point. (This has been my day to overlook things, it seems.)

Gee, *every* day is one of those overlooking things days for me!

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/