On Feb 24, 2010, at 5:58 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:

From: Horace:

The site says "Wooww, the power at the OUTPUT is greatly increased
without significant change at the DC input.... ", yet there is no
effort made to measure input power, only current.  It would make more
sense to get the I and V traces for the input coil.

It pretty obvious how the thing works.  The torus field, which
remains inside the torus, deflects the permanent magnet field away
from the torus, and thus the permanent magnet's field oscillates,
cutting back and forth across the secondary coil windings and
generating power there.

Can you clarify something for me, Horace. The conjecture that the field oscillates, as you state, cutting back and forth across the secondary coil windings... is intriguing, particularly since you seem to be saying the field is dynamically oscillating even though there are no moving parts. In layman's terms - what does that mean, particularly energy-wise. My prosaic thinking patterns keep wanting to envision MOVING magnets passing across coils of wire that in turn generate electricity. But nothing seems to be
physically moving in this configuration. I'm confused! /:-\

Transformer parts don't move, but they still get energy transferred from a primary to a secondary.

In your opinion, does this demonstration allegedly show real OU
configuration, or is this device demonstrating something else that's not
really OU.

As I said earlier, there is no measurement of input energy. So who knows? I think the odds of free energy from this are *very* slim. The responsible thing to do is to measure it, but that spoils all the fun I assume.

Where's the "energy" coming from that allegedly powers the LEDs?

It is coming from the signal generator that drives his primary.

Speaking of
energy, I wonder if the magnet inserted into the torus will eventually lose
its magnetism if the device continues to power the LEDs?

Sure, all magnets do. His will faster because there is no "keeper". The little drawings I sent avoids the keeper problem by providing multiple paths for the permanent field. The primaries simply divert the permanent magnet B field. It is interesting that, in my drawings, the primary current increasing eliminates the secondary coil magnetic field rather than increasing it.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/