On Feb 26, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Harry Veeder wrote:

The controller is powered by DC. He measures voltage and current going
into into the controller. The controller converts this to electrical
pulses which feed the toroidal coil, so don't these measurements give you an upper bound on the input power?

No.  THey give a lower bound.

Another issue is there is no apparent measurement of power output. As we have seen before, driving LEDs with transients can cause the perception of an amount of light that requiring more power than actually used. It appears the power
produced is a small proportion of the power applied.

I sent him an email asking for the wattage of the LEDs.

Lastly, as we all know, if there is a claim of significant overunity, then the
loop has to be closed for the claim to be credible.

I see no reason to think the device is not a transformer that works by displacing a high mu material field. This is not a new idea. There are commercially produced power supply transformers that work on this principle.
They are not overunity.

Probably not...

Definitely not. Their performance was measured in the high 90's percent range if I recall. They were similar to the Fig. 1 drawing I sent, except they had 8 (or more) "legs" instead of two. This kept the permanent magnet flux more constant and permitted an 8 (or more) phase output which was rectified to make DC. They were used in electronics power supplies. That's all I remember. I wouldn't know how to find them without doing a patent search, which is how I originally found them in the first place, I think. It was years ago.

Harry

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/