Piantelii stated he will hide the secret of Ni-H reaction, even from a good
friend.

Rossi has denied every mode of Ni catalytic activity except oxides.

NiO-H has a role in many hydrogen based catalytic reactions with a highly
reactive nano-particle surface. And oxide based nano-particle catalysts are
the next big thing in chemistry.

NiO provides a possible evolutionary transition between what Piantelii did
and what Rossi is doing; from a Ni bar surface treatment to nano-particles.
Lipid based fabrication and production of Fe2O3 is indicated in Rossi’s
patent; Ni2O3 is compatible with Fe2O3. This is consistent and compatible
with Ni2O3 formation in Piantelii’s annealing process.

Piantelii surface treatment of his nickel bar suggests Ni2O3 oxide formation
where annealing is important. Ni2O3 formation on NiO can be judged by a
color shift from green to black/green on the surface of a Nickel bar.
Piantelii stated that he can tell if a bar will work by looking at it.