From: Michele Comitini [mailto:michele.comit...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:19 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:relative humidity

2011/6/22 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com>:

> The problem with this is that water would condense on the probe. You
> would always see 100% liquid water, if this is how it's being
> detected, unless you preheated the probe. Tricky. There are
> descriptions on-line of how to measure steam quality, and this approach is
> not mentioned at all.

Condense on the probe?  What is the temperature of the probe?  > 100° C or less?
Galantini would not make such a mistake...

>> When you ask for tech specs of instruments used by people that know
>> how to make good experiments search for the physical principles that
>> is behind the measure not the range or the main field of application
>> of an instrument.  I bet Galantini knows how that probe works inside quite
>> well.
>
> He might and he might not. It depends on his specific experience. He
> might have never made a measurement like this before, though he would
> certainly understand the physics; he might simply assume that g/m^3
> referred to liquid water, without thinking much about it.

So we should think Galantini setup instruments picking up the first probe
without understanding how
it works.
Or he always makes this kind of mesures just to fool people?

> Do you see his actual measured values anywhere? Seems to me I saw
> something somewhere.

I recall that something is on JONP... no time to search in that mess.

mic