Joe Catania <zrosumg...@aol.com> wrote:

**
> Again thermal inertia is a fact- not an if. Thermail inertia does not "run
> out" after one minute as I have shown.

You have asserted that, but in order to show it you would have to
demonstrate that the specific heat of metal is much higher than the
textbooks list.

You said "the reaction continues undiminished." 1) There is no known
> reaction, there is the heater power being cut.

The output heat is much higher than input power, so there is a reaction.

> The explanation is thermal inertia. 2) I don't call Levi's statement that
> steam was produced for 15 minutes an endorsement of an undiminished
> reaction.

We know it was undiminished because that is what the graphs showed; and
because Focardi said the reaction is stable; this is what they told me, and
finally, they would not put the cell into heat after death otherwise.

Why should it continue unabated for 15 minutes and then suddenly decide to
> cease.

It did not cease. They turned the power on again, but it would have
continued without that. Heat after death in such systems sometimes goes for
days. It sometimes increases in power. It usually ebbs away after some time,
but the decay curve is nothing like thermal inertia.

> Again, the power dimishes in a continuous fashion and is explained by
> thermal inertia.

No it does not diminish. If it did, you might be right, but in this and most
other incidents of heat after death it is either stable or actually
increasing for a while, and when it does diminish the curve is never
continuous. That is why we can be sure there is an anomalous source of heat.
Heat decay from thermal inertia can never increase the temperature. The very
first reported incident of heat after death, from Fleischmann and Pons,
clearly showed an increase and later a curve that did not fall continuously.

> Your posts are becoming arcane and are ignoring basic physics.

Your responses show that you do not understand what is meant by "heat after
death" in the context of cold fusion. You have been guessing that it means
the reaction dies off. That is a reasonable guess, but it is wrong. I
suggest you do your homework before commenting on cold fusion. I have
uploaded more than 1000 papers on cold fusion including many describing heat
after death, so I suggest you read them.