> I can not see how the above remark is relevant in any way.  Did you not see
> that I am providing the standard logarithmic decay function?  The  cutoff
> time for the logarithmic decay is intended to set a *boundary time* on when
> there is no more steam.  If the temperature of the mass is below boiling
> point then it can not generate steam.

Your exponential (not log) function is not correct as it does not allow for
exponential decay in energy. There is no need to hash this out. My original
presentation and conclusions are correct. Your calculations are not correct,
nevertheless they do show 15 minutes is possible. There's nothing hypothetical
about thermal inertia. Perhaps you are referring to your errant guesswork. We
don't need to second guess mother nature.

I mentioned ~ 1MJ not exactly 1 MJ and of course the amount will vary with
mass, specific heat and temperature. The problem is that you used it without
understanding it. This is not a plug-in.