Horace Heffner wrote:

As I showed numerically, it was not reasonable that no water was ejected in the prior demonstration tests unless the tests were run at precisely the right input power (from electric plus LENR) at all times to just boil all the water yet not raise the steam temperature. Not likely!

Quite likely. Any cook knows how to keep a pot from boiling over.

This would have been far superior to doing nothing. Better to insulate the barrel.

That is not necessary. Just use a lot of water and keep the test limited to around 5 min. As long as the overall water temperature does not go much above ambient you don't have to worry about heat losses.

Of course the thermal mass could possibly be mostly lead (at 0.14 kJ/(kg K)), but on the other hand it could be mostly Mg ((at 1.05 kJ/(kg K)). We don't really know. Even if it is mostly lead, and driven to 200°C, it will still hold more than required to bring the 6 kg to boiling. Since the amount of steam was not actually measured not much more energy has to be supplied to provide some steam.

At least half of it was boiled. Lewan tells me the the boiling did not decrease noticeably during the heat-after-death event. Furthermore, the entire experimental run before that heat-after-death event was highly exothermic. There was no time during the run when heat might have been stored up. On the contrary the machine should have cooled down several hundred degrees. It should have been covered with frost, like a canister of butane firing a grill. (Boyle's law is readily apparent in Atlanta outdoor grilling weather.) The heat came out as quickly as it went in. With 2.5 kW going in it would have been barely boiling, less than 0.7 g out of 3 g for the overall run. After the power went off, the metal would have quickly cooled down to stop all boiling.

I doubt it would have boiled at all with only 2.5 kW. Even with insulation the box, the pipes and other components would have radiated so much heat, only hot water would have come out. Anyway the major heat loss path was from the fluid, not through the insulation.