Here are some band heater specs. Notice the max temps, http://www.omega.com/heaters/pdf/HEATER_INTRO_BAND_REF.pdf, As I've said before I think thermal inertia neatly explains it all. Although there is a slight rise in temp after power off its hard to believe that CF knows when we switch the power off and then puts in such a poor showing. Its more likely an anomaly or perhaps due to diffusion time. The amount of energy pumped into the E-Cat before even the first water overflow is quite large as I have said. It would also appear that a band heater can get hot enough to heat the E-Cat metal to the proper temp. The possible amount of steam produced would seem to be less than 3.0 - 1.8= 1.2 g/s (maybe less since overflow and pump inlet are known or checked very well). If I recall correctly it takes about 2250J/g to vaporize. So only 2700W would be necessary to vaporize 1.2g. There may also be other liquid besides overflow entrained in the steam. Too bad no one measured the heat of the overflow. In all there seems to be some heat unaccounted for if you take the overflow and inlet measurements at face value and assume steam is dry. But there is too much inaccuracy in these to seriously conclude. Also thermal inertia would seem to explain everything nicely. Why dosen't someone do a run without hydrogen for comparison?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace Heffner" <hheff...@mtaonline.net>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The September E-Cat

On Sep 15, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Jouni Valkonen wrote:

[snip]

As metal content of the E-Cat is at the same temperature as water
content,

This is an assumption with no (apparent) foundation.  All 80 kg of E-
at will not be at the water temperature. If the new E-cat is heated
by a band heater, then the outside metal blanket will be *much*
hotter than the water. We need to know the structure of the new E-cat.

it does not matter where the probe is installed.

It matters where the probe is installed.  It might not even be in the
steam or water.

Here is a poser.  If the temperature probe is in the steam/water, why
is it that when the internal pressure is a couple atmospheres that
there is no leakage around the probe.  I recall seeing in a video the
probe being easily removed from one of the early E-cat demo machines.

Even if they
do not exactly match, there is still a correlation because heat
conduction speed is somewhat constant. We only look for the
correlation.

Do we actually know what the input flow was, or the water outflow was, after
the power was shut off?

Yes. Peristaltic pumps are quite predictive.

–Jouni

So, what then do you predict the flow from the pump would be if a
water inlet valve in the machine were closed?

It is a good thing to have measurements instead of estimates.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/