Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I would get testy if people addressed me the way they have addressed him.
>> Also, if I were Levi I would have tossed Krivit...
>>

> I wasn't talking about the Krivit interview, which I haven't read.  I was
> thinking in particular of a response from Galantini I've seen online in
> which he attempted to explain and/or defend his conclusion.  It was
> informative, but not in the way I'd hoped.

I think it is a mistake to judge someone's arguments by whether he is testy
or not, or by some other aspect of his personality. Arata is one of most
cranky, testy people I have ever met but with regard to cold fusion is
completely right and he has made some of the most important contributions to
the field, second only to Fleischmann and Pons.

> I've seen nothing to indicate that any manufacturer agrees with Galantini's
> conclusions about steam quality.

See:

http://www.deltaohm.com/ver2010/uk/st_airQ.php?str=HD37AB1347

It says it measures "enthalpy." The only way to do that is to measure
dryness.

> And as to my opinion regarding Galantini, when someone makes a measurement
> from which he draws a conclusion which is obviously incorrect, and then
> refuses to either explain how he did it or back down on the conclusion, yup,
> IMO that makes his testimony (about *anything*) worthless.

Anything? Would you not trust him to tell you whether it is raining outside?

Just because you disagree with his measurement that does not strike me as a
reason to condemn him as a person unable to recognize drops of water when he
sees them.