When I say "precise method" I mean the inclusion of the specific data to be obtained, where it is obtained, and the formulas applied.

You wrote: "Indeed, continuous experiments easiest way is to use enthalpy sensors, that gives as total enthalpy for any given moment. Even more simple is to measure the steam pressure inside E-Cat, because it gives directly the total enthalpy, but of course we need to first calibrate this kind of enthalpy sensors."

There is no such thing as an actual enthalpy sensor. Only specific enthalpy is sensed. Only incremental enthalpies (delta H) of a system can be measured. To obtain energy of a mass of steam, relative to that mass at some temperature, you need to know the mass of the steam. The mass of an army tank differs from the mass of a small car. Measuring only pressure, or specific enthalpy, provides an insufficient amount of information. To obtain thermal power you need to know the mass flow. The water overflow is a significant part of the flow by volume, more than 2% in some cases by volume. This means the specific enthalpy of the steam is almost insignificant in those cases.

If x is the liquid portion by volume, then x/((x+(1-x)*0.0006)) is the portion by mass. This gives the following table which I posted here last January:

Liquid     Liquid    Gas
Portion    Portion   Portion
by Volume  by Mass   by Mass
---------  -------   -----------
0.000      0.0000     100.00
0.001      0.6252     0.3747
0.002      0.7695     0.2304
0.003      0.8337     0.1662
0.004      0.8700     0.1299
0.005      0.8933     0.1066
0.006      0.9095     0.0904
0.007      0.9215     0.0784
0.008      0.9307     0.0692
0.009      0.9380     0.0619
0.010      0.9439     0.0560
0.011      0.9488     0.0511
0.012      0.9529     0.0470
0.013      0.9564     0.0435
0.014      0.9594     0.0405

I consider the big deal about the definition of "steam quality" to be a red herring, a diversion from the important issues of measurement of the thermal power carried by the mass flow of a water steam mixture.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/