On 11-11-09 11:37 AM, David Roberson wrote:
AG, I think that Horace is giving it a good effort to come up with a scheme to prove it is possible to simulate Rossi's results. That is OK as Rossi has done everything within his ability to confuse the data and leave himself open to serious doubt. I suspect that it is not a coincidence where the output power thermocouple was located. If Rossi had allowed us to have accurate output data, I could have reverse engineered his ECAT quite well.

How would you determine what his "secret catalyst" is? Without that you'll likely be down by an order of magnitude or more from his power levels, and your reverse engineering effort would be a bust.

Here's an analogy: If I gave you a catalytic converter from a car to test, and let you measure the temperatures going in and coming out and the gas composition going in and coming out, but you didn't know what was inside, would you be able to determine that it contained platinum and palladium from the thermal signature? I don't think so. Similarly, I don't see how you could figure out what Rossi's catalyst is, just from accurate thermal data.