Examining the web's limited oscillon information, it would appear that it
is important that the powder not be bound to the side of the reactor as
conjectured by others.  The powder must remain free and could be located in
the center of the reactor as stated on the ecat.com web site.

In defense of the “particles bound to the side of the reactor conjecture’
made with the greatest respect to your opinion…

I don’t yet see a justification that the powder must vibrate. In fact,
Rossi has stated that the powder was in the micron range which may be too
heavy to be affected by sub-nanometer quantum mechanical vibrations which
affect atoms at very low temperatures.

Rossi has indicated that his powder is micron sized. It is the tubercle
surface coverings on the particles that are nano-sized. Vacuum energy
springing forth from any particular point in space, is most probably too
feeble to move a micron sized particle into motion.

But the particle may need to be as small as those found in cold hydrogen
dusty plasma. A dusty plasma contains tiny charged particles of dust (as
typically found in space), which also behaves like a plasma. Plasma that
contains larger particles is called grain plasma.

The information we have about the Rossi reaction points to the formation of
exotic hydrogen spices comprised of multiple atoms configured in a number
of crystalline forms.

It may be these plasma derived dust particles which are the subject to
vibrations.

Next, the temperatures within the Rossi reactor are above the Curie
temperature of nickel which would remove any magnetic property interactions
that are mentioned associated with these vibrations.

However, Rydberg hydrogen crystals are exquisitely reactive to magnetic
influence because of their electromagnetic characteristics.

Furthermore, in living systems that have been referenced, nickel is seldom
if ever involved, but hydrogen in some form or another are always found.

In short, Rydberg hydrogen crystals may be the subject of the oscillon
mechanism.