On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Berke Durak <berke.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said, steam or not steam, this thing produces lots of excess
> energy.  This argument hasn't been properly countered by skeptics.
> Fire bricks/hot graphite/molten lead/batteries/garden gnomes etc.
> are not allowable arguments since they imply willful deception,
> a needlessly complicated hypothesis which is easily subsumed by the
> simple claim that all the data is simply fake.

Why are you rejecting the possibility that Rossi faked his data?  Perhaps
he did it with deliberately bad measurement methods that he knew would
mislead his guests in the early demonstrations. And when he introduced an
entirely different and much larger module on October 6, along with an
entirely different measurement system, maybe he also faked that and knew in
advance what the erroneous measurements would show.  And maybe there is no
client for the October 28 device other than someone working with Rossi.

You seem to reject the above hypotheses because they imply willful
deception which you think is too complicated.  But scamming wasn't too
complicated an explanation for Steorn, Tilley, Dennis Lee, Priest, Geller,
Mylow and many other scammers, was it?  Yes, it would be daring and tricky
to fool the scientists and reporters but such foolery has been successfully
accomplished many times before.  And the easiest to fool are often the
eager early investors.

You expect the skeptics to counter the argument that the E-cat produces
excess heat but maybe it does.  Maybe it does it only for the short times
Rossi allowed it to run and only because there is an extraneous source of
conventional energy in it.  At the risk of boring the others, I have to
remind you that it is Rossi who refuses to run long enough to rule out the
scam hypothesis.   It is Rossi who won't properly calibrate the measurement
system as a whole by a blank run.  It is Rossi who didn't allow complete
disassembly (down to the cores, no need to go inside them) in the October 6
test.  It is Rossi who has never availed himself of independent testing,
even when Celani, an LENR proponent recently proposed it. It is Rossi who
gives tangential and lame responses when asked about independent testing.
It is Rossi who claims that he's sold 14 container sized nuclear fusion
reactor and won't reveal who the clients are, much less the details of how
they tested and the data they took.

The skeptics can't prove the E-cat is phony because they can't take it
apart or test it properly.  And Rossi has not, in my estimation, done
enough to prove it's real. I admire the efforts to analyze the details of
the steam generation and I hope an answer will be found there since Rossi
and his perhaps mythical clients are not disposed to provide one.   But
given the scattered data we have, it's a difficult proposition.  Nor is it
obvious from "first principles" as Jed Rothwell insists.

> Now the 1 MW module has a control system; wires run to the pumps, of
> which there are at least four; we don't really know what kind of
> piping is inside the reactors.  We know that the power of each reactor
> can be controlled, but not to what extent or how fast.

Rossi's devices have always been crude, poorly instrumented and with no
evidence means of fine control -- hardly what one would expect in an
experimental nuclear fusion device.   Where are all the thermal, pressure
and flow sensors and readouts we'd expect of such a potentially hazardous
and powerful device?   Where are the automated controls for the megawatt
plant?  How was it made safe?  How was it proven to work?  What was that
honking huge generator doing running during the entire experiment and
supplying unknown amounts of power to the device?  These are all valid
issues Rossi could provide answers for without compromising any trade
secrets.  Try asking him on his blog.  Either he'll not allow the question
to be seen or he'll give a brief, almost always tangential, evasive or
equivocal response.

Ask yourself if that's what you'd do if you had the greatest invention of
the century.