Am 04.12.2011 01:41, schrieb Horace Heffner:

This is about the water bridge experiment, not Bill Beaty's water thread experiments.

His fine threads extended multiple times the length of the water bridge, and were sustained indefinitely, with orders of magnitude less current. Read the archive references.
Possibly there is a misunderstandment.
I have seen many of his experiments, especially the experiment with dry ice nebula on a water surface. It is clearly visible that a stream of focussed air ions flow to the water surface and draws traces into the steam.
Air ions make the nebula coagulate and vanish, this makes them visible.
I would however call this air threads, and not water threads. There are focussed and laminar threads of ions flowing in air and this demonstration really impressed me. I have seen this last year or earlier. I have read everything about air ions, that I could get at this time and discovered his site also.
I have not found any water thread experiments made by him, sorry.
If there is something else, a pointer would be welcome.

Peter