> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Vorl Bek
> <vorl....@antichef.com> wrote:
>
> > That's OK. To the degree I can follow this, I agree with him
> > rather than you or the other optimists here.
>
> Then what is the reason for your presence on this list?  To turn
> optimism into pessimism?  To "fix" those optimists?

I was being polite by calling Jed and the other 'believers'
optimists; in reality, I think they are believing in something for
which there are no rational grounds to believe.

Although I am fairly ignorant, I can steer by the old saying that
extraordinary claims require solid proof - lots of independent
replications. Rossi hasn't done even one. He acts like a con man.

I don't expect Jed or any of the other believers in this nonsense
to change their minds until Rossi confesses. If he is jailed
without admitting he is a phony, the believers will add him
to their roll of martyrs in the CF cause.

Even if he confesses they will probably say that he lost his mind
due to the tortures inflicted by the servants of Big Oil.

To answer your question, my presence on the list is to be
entertained, and, if possible, to provide entertainment.