Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You insist on comparing a supposed cold fusion/LENR robust power power
> plant to Netflix, IBM, and Edison.   But that's silly.

Because I believe the effect is real. Naturally, you do not think so
because you do not think it is real. You have to imagine my point of view
based on my beliefs. You have "assume for the sake of argument" or nothing
that I say will make sense.

By the way, we know you don't believe it. There is no need to repeat that.

> Such a thing would be more revolutionary and would gain faster acceptance
> and more interest than anything done in the last hundred years.

If you believe that, you do not know the first thing about the history of
technology or commerce. That is astounding ignorance. Whenever there is
pre-existing competition, innovations have faced opposition. The opposition
is proportional to the threat. The better the invention, the stronger the
opposition.

There have been innovations were there is no pre-existing market, such as
x-rays, aviation and personal computers. There was no opposition to these
discoveries. Ninety years after the discovery of the x-ray when someone
came along with an improved method of looking inside people, NMR, he had to
fight tooth and nail to have it accepted.

The only metric that counts is money. Opposition is always about money --
and power. It makes no difference how good it is or how many people want it
or how many lives it will save. If powerful people stand lose money there
will be fierce opposition.

>    As Cude is fond of pointing out, remember the acclaim and open armed
> welcome that P&F got when they first announced?  All the interest from the
> press, the funding from private companies, the offers and interviews?   How
> soon we forget.

You have not forgotten. You never learned anything in the first place! Your
version of history is a fantasy. Read Beaudette. Read the papers in the
LENR-CANR library about history. Learn something, for crying out loud!

Fleischmann and Pons were not welcomed. They were thrown out of the
University and driven out of the country. Pons renounced his US citizenship
because he was so mistreated. People who replicated were
ridiculed, harassed and fired. Their experiments were sabotaged. their old
friends, publishers and supporters deserted him and reviled them. Their
reputations were destroyed in the mass media. Their lives and careers were
ruined in some cases. To this day, you and hordes of other ignorant people
on the Internet attack them and make absurd claims about their work. As
Schwinger said:

"The pressure for conformity is enormous. I have experienced it in editors’
rejection of submitted papers, based on venomous criticism of anonymous
referees. The replacement of impartial reviewing by censorship will be the
death of science."