On 11-12-28 05:30 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
There is no doubt you can make a small explosion with cold fusion. People have already done that, by accident. Mizuno nearly killed himself doing that. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/Experiments.htm#PhotosAccidents

Thanks for the link, Jed!

I recalled the early speculation that the explosion was caused by recombination, and I'd been wondering why you had more recently attributed it to a CF "excursion". The paper referenced in the caption of the photo you linked clarified it; thanks again.

It still leaves a question, though, which is what happened between T-10 seconds and T-5 seconds which caused the electrolyte temperature to *drop* by about 8 degrees. That seems very peculiar; it would be nice to know the cause. (I suppose there's not much chance of ever finding it, though, since this was necessarily a one-off event!)