On 12/27/2011 05:37 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Jones Beene<jone...@pacbell.net>  wrote:

A contrarian opinion: DoE will never relent nor alter its stance against
LENR ... at least not so long as there is a DoD.

*       I assume you mean as long as there is a DoE. I agree.

No, I mean DoD - DoD has far more political clout. There is no
inter-connection between the two - except via top politicians and the
Cabinet - who hear from both.

I do not follow, but that's okay.

*       I doubt that. The only people I know of who suspected there may be
direct weapons applications Martin Fleischmann and Edward Teller. Granted,
they know a lot about cold fusion and weapons, respectively.

Yes, they do. Case closed.

The case does not seem closed to me. Many other people who know a lot about
cold fusion and weapons, such as Ed Storms, say there appears to be no
likelihood of a weapon. I do not think that the opinions of Fleischmann and
Teller automatically outweigh these other people's opinions.

Cold fusion does not appear to be a chain reaction, so I do not see how it
could be used in a weapon.

By not being the direct cause of a chain reaction?

I think LENR can be weaponized, and that's probably related, in part, to all the denial surrounding it. It makes sense. Moreover: I'm afraid it already has. I will not talk about it.

If I continue gaining insight, I suppose I'll write a book one day.
Regards,
Mauro