I was referring to this statement:

> In Aussie Guy's summary of the key points of the show he stated "Heating is
> via low energy Gammas hitting the lead shielding."

And as I read it, it would imply that the energetic equivalent of 10 kW (or
whatever an e-cat produces) would have to be thermalized in the lead shielding
from gamma rays. So if the shield is 3 cm, the equivalent of about 10 kW x .01
or about 100 W would escape in form of 511 keV gamma. Easily enough to kill
Rossi over the countless hours he stood right next to his machines on youtube
alone (unless his famous brown coat is stuffed with something very different
than goose feathers). The "thermalized radiation" therory doesn't hold if the 3
cm of lead is all there is.

-----------------------------------
Nigel Dyer <l...@thedyers.org.uk>

I am not sure if the point being made is that there can't be gamma radiation or
else Rossi would be dead, or that there is gamma radiation and so it will never
be a home appliance.

The indications so far are that radiation levels are small, but not
    zero.   This may well allow for home usage eventually, but there
    will be a lot of work to get through approvals.   A lot of data on
    the variation with time of the radiation would be needed, and it may
    be necessary to have detectors and a quench system to deal with
    spikes.   All of this would mean a far better understanding of the
    system than currently appears to be the case, so I fear that
    products for use in the home may be some way off, but still
    possible.

Nigel