From: Mary Yugo [mailto:maryyu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 4:34 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi comments on the "It was sent back" statement

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Zell, Chris
<chrisz...@wetmtv.com<mailto:chrisz...@wetmtv.com>> wrote:
Defective analogy.  The cars for sale are real and functional, aren't they?
Even if the business is dishonest.

Sorry, I miss your point.  I was noting that Jed would likely not buy from
someone convicted multiple times of fraud but he's buying the claims from Rossi
who has been similarly convicted and who, by Jed's own admission, lies all the
time.  How is that a defective analogy exactly?  The cars may be real and even
functional but because there are many fraudulent ways to make a car appear
newer and more functional than it is, it would be unwise to trust a used car
dealer who has been previously convicted of "doctoring" his odometers or cars
or whatever.

Perhaps you haven't shopped for a used car.  Not to get too far off on a
tangent like Jed likes to, you should try to visit a "chop shop".  In one not
far from where I live, you can peek into cracks in the tall fence and watch
sweaty grubby people who look like they live on the street, assembling vehicles
from scraps and chunks of other (wrecked) vehicles.  When they're done, they
just shove stray and excess parts and wiring harnesses anywhere they can.
Then, the misaligned and dangerous, unreliable messes that result are given
Mexican upholstery and a meticulous paint job,  and sold to unwary people at
discounts, usually masquerading as "private" sales to avoid having to provide a
"salvage title".  I realize this may not mean much to our out of country
friends-- it applies to the Southwestern US mainly but I bet the principle
applies widely.