On 12-01-19 10:11 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
This discussion about Rossi's 1 MW reactor is silly. The reactor has not shipped anywhere. He said it has not shipped, and it is obvious from the photos it has not.

Previously he said he did ship it. Now he says he did not. He is contradicting himself. He often does that. I would not call it a "lie"

He said it shipped. That's a binary statement, either true or false. If false, I, personally, would call it a "lie".

In fact, for the most part, when a vendor says they shipped something and they really didn't, most folks would call that a "lie".

Photos indicate Rossi didn't ship it. That makes his statement false, thus, as I said, making it what most folks would call a "lie". (That's what a lie IS, for goodness' sake! It didn't ship, he knew perfectly well it didn't ship, and he said it did ship. Right?)

Now Rossi says it didn't ship, which most people would characterize as an "admission", though he didn't couch it quite that way. (But of course he didn't say "I admit it didn't ship" -- if you're covering up an earlier lie, it's always better to make it sound like the current story was true all along, and anything else is just mistakes, misunderstandings, or stuff to be ignored and/or dismissed.)

Just what would he have to do, Jed, for you to say he "lied" ?

in the usual sense because he makes no effort to cover up or explain the contradiction. He says "X" on Monday and "not X" on Tuesday as if it makes no difference.

Yup, he's what most folks would call a pathological liar.

Yet you seem to be saying that because he lies habitually, nearly constantly, we should conclude that he really doesn't lie at all.

I don't quite follow that.

As if he never expected to be believed in the first instance, and he did not mean it.

This is a totally bizarre characterization of his behavior, IMHO.

 Truth is malleable in his imagination.

Maybe; I don't have a direct line into his imagination.

From where I'm sitting he just looks like a pathological liar.