> If it is "clearly being done," then why has Rossi stiffed the university?
> Why did he break contract? How will this enhance his public image?

I have no explanation for why Rossi would have broken the contract.  There
is a lot that I don't understand about this story.  It would hardly enhance
his public image.

> What you say makes no sense. Rossi is not making himself look good. This
> is yet another public relations disaster for him. If he is trying to
> attract investors -- as you claim -- why does he go around breaking
> contracts with universities and picking public arguments with people? If he
> has no device in the first place, why would he even make the arrangement in
> the first place?

The links in the helpful email that John Milstone put together paint a
fairly convincing picture of someone trying to say that the University of
Bologna is researching the E-Cat when, at least up till now, it's been
members of its faculty, acting on their own behalf.

I don't claim that Rossi is attempting to attract investors, although I
don't rule this out.  I think on a more general level he's trying to sell
E-Cats, which is something that I think we can all agree on.  If you're
trying to sell E-Cats, now or sometime in the medium term, it's more
impressive to have a university do independent research of your product
than members of its faculty working individually.

The only reason he wanted research at the university was so that he could
> benefit from their discoveries. That's why he insisted it be kept secret.
> Apparently he now feels he does not need them. When Rossi decides he does
> not need you, he cuts you loose immediately.

I don't disagree with this statement in principle.  I may have overstated
how "clearly" it was that Rossi was playing up professional affiliations.
 But I think the burden of proof now lies in demonstrating that he wasn't.

Stepping back a little, I don't claim that any of this is rational behavior
or makes sense from some strategic perspective.  I don't think we are
required to assume completely rational behavior.