I am not an expert at law, but I would strive to stop someone from selling my
technology without permission even if it was a futile battle.

If I did decide to take money (if I thought it was the best way to fight
against the company using my technology), I would let it be known to the courts
that any money awarded to me would be instantly used to try and stop the
activities of the party that stole my technology. For example, I would make
products and give them away to stop people from purchasing products from the
other company. Or I would wage a PR campaign against the other company. Also, a
possibility would be to use the money to hire more lawyers to make the life of
the company as miserable as possible.

I would also not allow the offending company to obtain a license agreement. I
would tell the Judge flat out that I would rather be publicly drawn, hung, and
quartered rather than sign the piece of paper. He may end up awarding the
technology ownership fully to the other company, but at least I would have
stuck up for what was right.

The world you are describing is a nightmare world, in my opinion. It is a world
that does not deserve cold fusion technology. I hope the reality of things are
not as horrible as you portray.