noone noone <thesteornpa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I did decide to take money (if I thought it was the best way to fight
> against the company using my technology), I would let it be known to the
> courts that any money awarded to me would be instantly used to try and stop
> the activities of the party that stole my technology.

1. You can't talk in court. Only your lawyer can, and it has to be about
the case.

2. They don't care what you use the money for.

I would also not allow the offending company to obtain a license agreement.

It would not be up to you. You can't make up laws as you go along.

> I would tell the Judge flat out that I would rather be publicly drawn,
> hung, and quartered rather than sign the piece of paper.

Judges don't care what you think. You don't have to actually sign the paper
for this to go into effect.

Bear in mind also that these are civil suits. Jail sentences and the police
play no role in them. In that sense it is quite different from stealing
actual property.

The world you are describing is a nightmare world, in my opinion. It is a
> world that does not deserve cold fusion technology. I hope the reality of
> things are not as horrible as you portray.

This is the real world. You do not appear to know much about business,
contracts and civil lawsuits. There are good reasons why we do things the
way we do. You should not assume that laws and customs that have been in
place for centuries are "horrible." Sometimes they are dysfunctional or
obsolete, but we have to be careful about changing long-standing
institutions. The conservative attitude is justified. In this case, the
system has protect the interests of customers, and it has to promote
technological progress. The system cannot take into account only the
intellectual property rights of the inventor, ignoring all other factors.

If Defkalion succeeds I expect it will eventually benefit Rossi
tremendously. He will make hundreds of millions of dollars. Left to his own
devices, he would probably not make any money. I doubt that Defkalion has
taken anything from him, but even if they have, he will probably get more
from them than he could ever earn by himself.

Don't fret about any of this. It will probably work out well for everyone.
There will be barrels of money. Enough for everyone. In 10 years the
dispute will be forgotten.