________________________________

post #4

Not being a chemist or nuclear chemist, I have a difficult time to
understand the role of catalysts, above that, that they ease CHEMICAL reactions.

In the domain of nuclear reactions the role of catalysts is more
difficult to understand.
How eg can a chemical agent be so potent, that it helps overcome the Coulomb
barrier?

Sorry, but maybe I’m too simpleminded here.
The role of catalysts in this context has a sausage-like appeal to me.

The clean method would be, to have a nano-lattice (say 5nm Ni particles)
on the one side, and Protons (ionized H) on the other side, and help them
interact via an electric or electromagnetic field. It is basically the lattice
and its nonlinear oscillatory states, who do the heavy lifting of overcoming
the coulomb barrier.
My naïve interpretation would be, that this can never be done by a
chemical agent, ie catalyst.

So the basic setup would be a a Ni-H+ environment, assisted by EM-fields,
which assist in interaction.

If that does not start a LENR-process, one has in lockstep to vary the
conditions together with the theory.

It does not help to senselessly add ingredients , like the alchemists
did, and add a bit of hopium.

This is not to say that intuition does not play a significant role,
which it obviously does.