________________________________

Dave

>...Also,
it would be interesting to see if the individual nano scale plasmon resonances
would magnetically couple and thus share energy.  In the same line of thought,
would this form
of coupling tend to smooth out what would otherwise be very precise energy
levels? ...

I suppose
this would be too far fetched in the moment.

The current
problem with LENR seems to be (for me at least), that the experimental evidence
AND are widely diverse.

This can
easily get confusing.

LENR seems
to occur in rods, wires, nanoparticles etc with quite different materials in
quite diverse environments: gaseous, fluid electrolytic etc.

So this
cries ot for an orderly taxonomy of all the effects.

Celani
among several others earlier, did this, but only circumstantially so.
See his
presentation at CERN today 2012-03-22:
"Overview
of Theoretical and Experimental Progress in Low Energy Nuclear Reactions
(LENR)"

The theory
is in an equally confusing state, presumably, because the evidence is so
confusing.
Akin to
ghost-hunting.

No wonder
that the single-minded guys -who concentrate on hot-fusion details and the
identification of the Higgs Boson, and have a good paying job, are embarrassed
by the can of worms, opened by the LENR-crowd.

So there is
more than meets the eye.
It is a very
fundamental battle.

To be
clear: I hold my nose, when confronted with all the free-energy-crowd, which
cannot distinguish an X from a U.

In addition
to that, Arata, Celani, Focardi and others are seniors, who are not very versed
in producing 'politically correct' Power-point-presentation.

Scam-artists
in the financial 'industry' are much more versed in that.

Guenter.