________________________________
 Von: Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com>
An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Gesendet: 21:20 Dienstag, 3.April 2012
Betreff: Re: [Vo]:The Fukushima disaster -- 34 meter tsunamis?

>I believe that the design of the Fukushima reactors were Pre-Three
Mile Island....
>It is a story of human folly on the level of tragedy.

Axil,
You're probably right.
Meanwhile there is the nth generation of nuclear reactors on the drawing board,
which maybe are several orders of magnitude safer than the old ones.

But this mutated into a story of  a feeling of collective (UN)safety.
Germany: "NoNo"
Czechoslovakia: "Nuclear reactors are no problem"

Spanish communities:
"We welcome nuclear waste from all over Europe. Its  a question of money. Pay
us. Give us work, and we'll be happy to take care of the waste."
(But the next generation mabe has a different idea. So WHO exactly has the
right to decide on intergenerational issues?)

I think , sort of a higher reason has to be at work in such a situation.
Long-term.
Cautious.
But it does not seem to exist.

Human decision-making seems to be driven by short-term fear and greed and not
by rational long-term evaluation.
Quite possibly this will kill us as a species.

G.