I was just reviewing the chart from Professor Miley that shows the increased
temperature that resulted from the loading and then unloading of D2 gas from
palladium and had a couple of questions that I hoped someone would clarify.
It is my understanding that if we start with D2 molecular gas that it would
take a few processes in order for the loading to complete.
1.)  D2 molecules need to be dissociated with 4.52 eV of energy.
2.)  Next the D2 would need to be ionized taking 13.6 eV of energy.
3.)  At this point some chemical process is needed to allow the D2 ions to be
absorbed into the palladium releasing an unknown (to me) amount of energy.

The charts by Miley show that the total loading process is exothermic so that
the last process must release at least 4.52 + 13.6 = 18.12 eV.
My understanding is that when the hydrogen is unloaded one would expect the
process to reverse and then release the same quantity of energy required to
reform the molecular gas.  Is my understanding correct in predicting that this
chemical process would normally be a reversible reaction and the input thus
balances the output energy?
Miley’s chart clearly demonstrates that a net release of energy is shown in
this experiment.  I believe that he is suggesting that an LENR reaction must be
happening to explain the results and this seems likely.
I also notice that there seems to be additional net energy released during the
unloading process which of course corresponds to the period of time when the
initial chemical processes are reversed and the 18.12 eV of extra chemical
energy are returned.  The evidence seems to fit together neatly.
Does this experimental result suggest that in the past that the large “energy
hole” that the hydrogen was presumed to occupy as it was absorbed into the
metal was just a misunderstanding?  I wonder if an extremely minor amount of
nuclear energy occurring due to LENR activity was masking the truth.  This
reminds me of the difficulty that everyone faces in separating out the nuclear
effects from the chemical ones in LENR research.
Dave