Hi,
[snip]
>Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I suspect the requirement for the 45 MW LENR systems originally came from
>> the US Navy to power their aircraft carrier based drones.
>>
>You don't need 45 MW for a drone! Okay, maybe for the upcoming X-47B drone,
>but you would not start with that. They would start with a small drone.
>
>- Jed

(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_horsepower_of_one_engine_in_a_Boeing_747):-

"Fully loaded at 400 tons, the Boeing 747 requires 90 mega-watts (MW) of energy
to get airborne. This relates to 120,000 horsepower (hp). The energy consumption
during cruising is reduced to half, or 45MW (60,000hp)."

IOW the drone would have the power expended by a cruising 747. I wonder if the
choice of this number was coincidental?

This isn't thus the power required by a small drone. This is a full sized
bomber!

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk