Sorry, but I find none of these reports believable – especially in light of the
fact that a major High-Tech company, Thermacore, ran Ni + K2CO3 cells
continuously for over on year – with over a hundred thousand watt-hours of net
thermal gain, and with top notch radiation detection equipment - and yet they
never reported 3H.

Did they hold back that information? I suspect BLP has even more run time with
Ni + K2CO3 … are they hiding the results?

As for Srinivasan, Rothwell reported that he has directly contradicted, in
verbal discussions, some of his own prior paper’s conclusions. I do not know
anything about Notoya. But neither of them has the credibility of the
Thermacore team, and they were operating under DARPA contracts.

The cost of tritium - which the USA is willing to pay to keep its weapons
functional - is in the neighborhood of $100,000 gram, and our yearly
expenditure is in between $1-2 billions (based on the Savannah River reports
and the UCLA study).

A few countries who want to become players in the Arms race, will pay much
more. Do you give up on a simple process for making it - with this kind of
economic incentive?

True, maybe you do go underground with it, but there is no evidence of that
either, at least not that I am aware of.

OTOH – it does explain why Thermacore could have been persuaded to “get outta
town” with the technology - by their largest customer. And also why India might
want to encourage others to disavow the possibility.

Come to think of it, if I were a conspiracy nut, I would actually take another
closer look at that scenario ...

Jones

From: Eric Walker

Eric - perhaps the original post should have been phrased as “zero believable
evidence”… instead of zero evidence. The paper does constitute putative
“evidence” after all – actually rather convincing if it could be taken at face
value.

You forced me.  :)

Ni + K2CO3 + H2O: tritium 26 * background.  Notoya et al., "Tritium generation
and large excess heat evolution by electrolysis in light and heavy
water-potassium carbonate solutions with nickel electrodes," Fusion Technology,
26,179, 1994; "Alkali-hydrogen cold fusion accompanied by tritium production on
nickel," Trans. Fusion Technology, 26, 205, 1994.

Ni + K2CO3 + H2O: tritium 10-100 * background.  Notoya, "Alkali-hydrogen cold
fusion accompanied by tritium production on nickel," in the proceedings of the
Fourth International Conference on Cold Fusion, 1993.

Ni + K2CO3 + D2O, H2O: tritium 339 * background.  Srinivasan et al., "Tritium
and excess heat generation during electrolysis of aqueous solutions of alkali
salts with nickel cathode," in the proceedings of the Third International
Conference on Cold Fusion, 1992.

Ni + Li2CO3 + H2O: tritium 145 * background.  Srinivasan et al., op cit.

Please confirm either that these references do not meet your evidentiary
standards or that the Ni-H2O electrolytic system is different in some basic way
from the Ni-H2 system when considering the question of radiation.

Eric