Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

As for Srinivasan, Rothwell reported that he has directly contradicted, in
> verbal discussions, some of his own prior paper’s conclusions.

That may be overstating it. I sent a memo to Srinivasan, copied to Beene. I
describing what I recall about Srinivasan's lecture:

"I think your attitude [Srinivasan's attitude] was that
the results could not be reproduced [at SRI], so that made them puzzling,
or unsatisfactory, or -- you might say -- kind of useless. There are many
irreproducible results in cold fusion. It is hard to judge
the significance or validity of such results. I would say they are open
questions."

I do not recall that he disavowed or retracted the ICCF-3 results.