Pamela Mosier-Boss has pointed out to me that the 6% AC figure was published in their 2007 EJPAP paper.

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/library/2007/2007BossP-UseOfCR39.pdf

The implications were not explored there.

That paper has more data on the electrolytic current protocol. A maximum current of 500 microamps was used in the plating phase. So 400 microamps of AC current could easily have a significant effect.

There are some mysteries remaining, such as the EJPAP article specifying an EMCO 4330 power supply, which is 0-33,000 V, and which has a specified ripple of 0.2%. It also has max DC current at max voltage of 300 microamps.

The supply would have been well out of specification if it had 6% ripple. Pamela mentioned that the supply had "conked out." It might have been ready to go for some time!

I'm not convinced that this is of any enduring importance, beyond a suggestion that an AC current may influence electrodeposition.

No effect was alleged for electric fields on nuclear results. It's just something they did, apparently a few times, as far as I've seen.