This exchange between Stephen Meyer and Atheist Peter Atkins serves to
illustrate what is wrong with science today:

Stephen Meyer:
- the problem is people don't want to talk about the science
- they denounce dissent as unscientific
- they will not debate about whther natural causes can explain the information
- I want to talk about the science

Peter Atkins:
- ID people raise interesting questions for naturalists to work on
- but you want to tell us what the answer is (intelligence) before we begin
- you start from the idea that an intelligence was involved

Justin Brierley:
- but you start with the idea that natural mechanisms can explain everything!

Stephen Meyer:
- for Dr. Atkins, only explanations based on material processes are valid

Peter Atkins:
- that is correct

For people like Peter Atkins, any explanation that is not based on material
naturalistic process is void irregardless of the merits.

Such is the sad state of affairs today.

Check out the full debate here:

https://winteryknight.wordpress.com/2012/05/11/stephen-c-meyer-and-peter-atkins-debate-intelligent-design/

Jojo