>From Jojo

> Steven, I am relunctantly engaging in these off-topic posts

> to make a point.  Since, you and Jed refuse to moderate your

> off-topic posts despite my numerous pleas, I am now doing

> this to make a point and settle a bet with Terry.  That there

> is a double standard that exists in Vortex-L.  If there is

> none and I loose the bet, I take Terry and Jed out to an

> expensive lunch.  That's all.

I can't speak for Jed, but as I'm sure you know by now, I don't think I have
violated the spirit of Mr. Beaty's Vortex-L rules by occasionally posting
Off-Topic discussions - especially if when I am in doubt I prefix the subject
thread with "OT". This is standard procedure. I'm still puzzled that you have
not prefixed your recent posts with "OT", since making a point to post
Off-Topic discussion is now clearly your objective.

Actually, some of your recent comments strike me as someone who feels as if he
has a chip on his shoulder. There also seems to be something akin to what I
would describe as a martyr-like objective of proving to the Collective that
this double-standard for which you perceive has unfairly affected your
sensibilities will eventually be revealed in all its true colors by the act of
having you done-in, in so-to-speak, by Mr. Beaty removing you from the
Collective. You also give me the impression that you might feel disappointed if
Mr. Beaty doesn't get around to removing you. Therefore, it would not surprise
me if in the following days might try a little harder to make your prediction
come true, and as such prove your point.

> Yes, you may be correct in calling me a Creationist; but one

> thing you need to realize is this:  This debate is about

> Darwinian Evolution and Intelligent Design.  And Intelligent Design

> is NOT Creationism.  Many IDers may be creationists but ID says

> nothing about a God, a creator.  It simply says that what we see

> points to an "Intelligence" designing it.  No mention of who or

> what that Intelligence might be.  If you claim that the Universe

> itself is the organizing Intelligence, that belief would be

> compatible with ID.

In case you were curious, as for my own faith: I suspect the Universe is alive
and aware. In other words, the Universe is conscious. I seem to be conscious
too. Come to think of it, how could I not be conscious, how could we ALL not be
conscious if we are all part of a Conscious Living Universe.

This may be a subtle point, but if one strips away all the thoughts, assembled
concepts, belief systems, and ego for which most of us tend wrap ourselves
within day-in and day-out, as if to prove that what we are thinking & believing
at any moment in time constitutes proof of our very existence, what we are left
with is nothing more than pure awareness, an all-inclusive unbounded sense of
pure awareness. To me, that sense of pure awareness strikes me as everyone's
direct link to the Consciousness of the Universe. When I began to sense this it
was simple for me to perceive that we are all part of each other in the most
intimate way conceivable. It was also simple for me to realize that what one
does unto others, one does just as much to one's "self". IOW, it's probably a
good idea to follow the Golden Rule. Alas, I continue to mess up on that point,
but I keep trying.

PS: You state you are engaging in these off-topic posts reluctantly. That’s not
the sense I get.

This is probably enough babble for one post.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

www.OrionWorks.com

www.zazzle.com/orionworks