Steven, I am relunctantly engaging in these off-topic posts to make a point.
Since, you and Jed refuse to moderate your off-topic posts despite my numerous
pleas, I am now doing this to make a point and settle a bet with Terry.  That
there is a double standard that exists in Vortex-L.  If there is none and I
loose the bet, I take Terry and Jed out to an expensive lunch.  That's all.

Yes, you may be correct in calling me a Creationist; but one thing you need to
realize is this:  This debate is about Darwinian Evolution and Intelligent
Design.  And Intelligent Design is NOT Creationism.  Many IDers may be
creationists but ID says nothing about a God, a creator.  It simply says that
what we see points to an "Intelligence" designing it.  No mention of who or
what that Intelligence might be.  If you claim that the Universe itself is the
organizing Intelligence, that belief would be compatible with ID.

Yes, I believe in the Biblical account of creation.  I do not know exactly when
because the Bible does not say, but many Biblical scholars seems to think that
they can back compute human genealogy and point to creation as having occurred
about 6000 years ago.  I don't know, but this date seems to be consistent with
other Biblical teachings.

Fact is, the observed facts in geology is neutral.  It does not say the Earth
was coalesced 4.5 billion years ago.  This date is simply the interpretation of
people when they interpret the facts thru their "Darwinian world view" filter.
In other words, they start with the world view that Darwinian Evolution is
True, hence their observed facts must be interpreted as billions year age.

I mentioned the Grand Canyon before.  It is equally a valid explanation that
the Grand Canyon was carved by the great Noah flood.  Yet this explanation is
rejected in favor of "millions of years of erosion of the Colorado river"
explanation.  Why is the later accepted and the former rejected.  It is because
the explanation is filtered by the world view the geologist have.

Jojo