Axil, I feel your pain and I agree.  The issues you raised below are valid
criticisms.  But there is one thing you need to realize.  These actions are the
actions of the Catholic Church, not the real Biblical Christian Church.  The
Catholic Church is a political construction and indeed was used as a political
tool to subdue people, including the real Christian Church, who went
underground during the reign of the Catholic Church until recently.  Indeed the
history of much of Europe is the story of the Catholic Pope's vie for political
power.  So, in fact, the real Christian Church was as much a victim of the
excesses and political ambitions of the Catholic Church as the rest.
However, there are a couple of things I need to correct in your posts below:

1.  The Bible is indeed a book of faith and morals; but it is also definitely a
book of history.  Archeaologists have long since verified almost all of the
historical accounts of the Bible.  It is a scientifically verifiable historical
account of many many many events.  I think you will agree with this.

2.  The Bible is a book of Morals, but not between men in his society.  It is a
book of covenants between man and God.  That is why we call it a Testament -
The Old and the New Testaments.  A Testament is a Covenant.

3.  With regards to Gnosticism, in fact Early Christians were correct in
rejecting it. Gnosticism is a corruption of Biblical Teaching and was
pridominantly the result of Early Christians attempts to incorporate Eastern
Mysticism into Christian teachings.

4.  King James did not rework the Bible.  He commissioned it to be translated
to common English.  The Bible was already a completed collection of books
during his time.  But no common English translation was done, so he did it.
No, King James had nothing to do at all in changing the contents of the Bible.
It would seem that his King James translation was a change because of the many
erroneous practices of the Catholic Church at that time.  When people read the
real Bible, they started to realize that Catholic teachings were a corruption
of real Biblical teachings.

Jojo

BTW, Constantine was never a Christian.  He simply used Christianity to unify
his kingdom.