I don't know how Kim at Purdue is regarded in this group, but aside from
his theoretical work, his ICCF-17 paper proposes three experiments along
these lines. They are: (a) Determine the velocity distribution of deuterons
in metals, which he states "is expected to be different" from an ideal gas.
(b) Additional measurements of the diffusion rates in metals. (c) Put metal
nanoparticles in 4He and see what happens.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KimYEconvention.pdf

Jeff